ACA COMPLIANCE GROUP
Accounting Associate – Accounts Receivable - UK/London
The individual in this position is primarily responsible for customer set-up, invoice creation and cash application for ACA Compliance Group (“ACA”) clients. The individual in this position is also responsible for project reviews and reconciliations when there are questions about the individual project or client account.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Review, understand and apply the terms of ACA’s client agreements.
• Set-up the customer account, consistent with the underlying contract.
• Generate invoices individually or in batches, ensuring consistency of all invoices with the company framework and with the underlying agreements.
• Both fixed fee and hourly invoicing will be part of the responsibilities, including hourly adjustments as needed.
• Perform cash application as required.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding ACA client accounts, clarifying and updating project information and resolving billing discrepancies
• Perform ad-hoc work/special projects as necessary to support ACA on various client and internal initiatives.
This summary of responsibilities provides a general list of certain key job responsibilities but is not intended to provide a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job or to capture all responsibilities for this position. Not all functions listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, in ACA’s sole discretion.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- 5+ years of billing experience, preferably in a consulting environment or where projects are required for customer accounts.
- Proven ability to perform client account reconciliations, including reviewing contracts and ensuring consistency with invoicing.
- Proven ability to be creative, self-disciplined, and capable of completing critical tasks independently expeditiously
- Demonstrated professional integrity
- Dependable, flexible, and adaptable to new ACA initiatives and changing employee needs
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented; proactive in one’s own education and career progression; volunteers for and shows initiative on both internal and external projects and tasks
- Dedicated to upholding ACA’s high-quality standards and customer service focus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Deltek Vision accounting system preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet
- Available for work and/or travel Monday through Friday on a general basis, outside of normal business hours and weekends
This list provides a general summary of the minimum qualifications for this position. Meeting this minimum level of standards does not automatically qualify an individual for this position; all candidates will be evaluated based on these minimum standards as well as other criteria relevant to the position, in ACA’s sole discretion. In addition, ACA retains the discretion to interpret and apply these requirements in its sole discretion.
Compensation, which will be competitive and commensurate with experience, will include a base salary and may include a discretionary bonus. ACA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
ACA is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against current or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
To apply send resumes to Stacy Cheriff, email@example.com