ACA COMPLIANCE GROUP
Assistant Manager - Revenue
This position is responsible for the recording of revenue for fixed fee and hourly revenue for certain divisions within ACA in compliance with US GAAP. This position is also responsible for revenue assurance and reconciliations of projects to ensure that revenue is appropriately recorded and invoicing have been completed. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of projects to ensure all projects have the correct revenue recognition attributes. The assistant manager is responsible for assisting with the development of revenue recognition accounting policies and procedures and implementing processes to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform and/or review calculations of revenue monthly.
- Prepare monthly revenue reporting and variance analysis of actuals.
- Perform project-level and client-level reconciliations of information between the contracts, billings, and revenue.
- Revenue analytics supporting revenue assurance function.
- Liaising with project managers and other business leaders as needed.
- Performance of revenue controls.
- Liaison for annual audit as it relates to revenue.
- Assist the revenue manager with the monitoring and analysis of the company’s accounting processes for revenue and work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources without sacrificing accuracy.
- Assist revenue manager with the development, implementation, and maintenance of revenue accounting policies and procedures with an emphasis on internal controls and efficiency.
- Assist the revenue manager with implementing process improvements in revenue recognition. Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Research accounting issues as it pertains to generally accepted accounting principles for revenue.
- Perform ad-hoc work/special projects as necessary to support ACA on various client and internal initiatives.
This summary of responsibilities provides a general list of certain key job responsibilities but is not intended to provide a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job or to capture all responsibilities for this position. Not all functions listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, in ACA’s sole discretion.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – major in accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Five (5) or more combined years of relevant public accounting and/or private company experience, including at least two years of revenue-specific experience, preferably in a consulting environment or another environment where project accounting is performed.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Deltek Vision accounting system preferred
- Demonstrated professional integrity
- Dependable, flexible, and adaptable to new ACA initiatives and changing client needs
- Customer service-oriented to internal customers
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented; proactive in one’s own education and career progression; volunteers for and shows initiative on both internal and external projects and tasks
- Dedicated to upholding ACA’s high-quality standards and customer service focus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
Strong oral and written communication skills This list provides a general summary of the minimum qualifications for this position. Meeting this minimum level of standards does not automatically qualify an individual for this position; all candidates will be evaluated based on these minimum standards as well as other criteria relevant to the position, in ACA’s sole discretion. In addition, ACA retains the discretion to interpret and apply these requirements in its sole discretion.
To apply send resumes to Stacy Cheriff, firstname.lastname@example.org