With the New Year upon us, what better time to reflect on an unforgettable year? The last 12 months have been a period of remarkable growth and transformation across ACA’s Performance Division. Below are just a few highlights we’d like to share:
1. One Unified Team
In July 2017, ACA Performance Services (APS) acquired the GIPS® standards verification and performance practice of Ashland Partners & Company. We knew integration would require extraordinary effort from everyone to be successful, and with a year and a half now under our belts, we are unbelievably proud of our team for exceeding even our highest expectations.
2. Investments in Technology
APS has continued to invest heavily in technology to save valuable time while delivering a better client experience. In 2018, we developed more proprietary tools with software providers to assist clients in extracting data in a timelier and more cost-efficient manner. We also developed robust analytic tools that facilitate more comprehensive tests on client data, thus uncovering abnormalities and alleviating risk.
3. Growing Team of Experienced Professionals
APS continues to cultivate an experienced and talented team that has expanded to over 90 employees. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are continuously developing as performance professionals – almost 50% of our staff now hold a professional credential including 44 CIPM Certificants, 13 CFA Charterholders, 9 CPA Charterholders, and 4 CAIA Charterholders.
4. Unmatched Contribution to Thought Leadership
Over the last year, APS has provided a variety of opportunities to learn more about the GIPS standards and other performance-related topics.
In 2018, APS was busy…
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at over 8 conferences;
- Hosting over 15 events (including 6 events with K&L Gates focused on the 2020 GIPS Standards and our largest performance track to date at ACA’s Spring Compliance and Performance Conference); and
- Publishing over 10 white papers and 22 blog posts!
Top Performance Blogs of 2018
- GIPS 2020 Exposure Draft Released
- GIPS Compliance on the Rise: Three Out of Four Consultants Expect to Require Alternative Asset Managers to Comply with the GIPS Standards
- Increased Demand from OCIOs Claiming GIPS Compliance
Top Performance Whitepapers of 2018
- eVestment Survey: The Value of GIPS Compliance
- 2018 Common Practices of GIPS-Compliant Firms
- GIPS Committees and Working Groups
Top Performance Webcasts of 2018
- Understanding Regulatory Requirements vs. the GIPS Standards
- Common Practices of GIPS-Compliant Firms
- Value of GIPS - eVestment Survey Report
We are grateful for the ongoing support of our clients, partners, and friends who have made this year a special one. 2018 was another success for us and we look forward to a busy 2019 with the release of the final version of the 2020 GIPS Standards in mid-2019. In the meantime, you can expect increased educational and informational opportunities in the form of webinars, blogs, and events leading up to the January 1, 2020 effective date.
About the Author
Brigitte Nickel is the Marketing Manager for ACA Performance Services, a division of ACA Compliance Group. Her primary responsibilities include overseeing the marketing strategy for the performance division and ACA's internal communications. Prior to ACA, Brigitte was the Director of Marketing at Ashland Partners & Co., LLP. Brigitte earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health Education from Portland State University and an M.B.A. from Southern Oregon University.