Data Privacy Day is a great opportunity to evaluate the level of data privacy compliance for your firm. In the U.S., the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) effective as of January 1, 2020, is one of the more urgent data privacy concerns and is the most comprehensive data use legislation in the United States. The CCPA requires covered companies to create processes to comply with and facilitate consumer data requests, to update their privacy policies, and to ensure that their vendors are in compliance with the regulation. In addition to the CCPA, other states are proposing data privacy laws similar to the CCPA, like this one in Washington.
In 2019, Compliance Week and ACA Aponix asked 100 compliance practitioners whether their company would be CCPA compliant by the deadline. The survey results as reported in Compliance Week showed that respondents were unsure about the rules and might not be ready in time. As seen in this chart, respondents also expressed concern that they did not have adequate resources to help with the firm's compliance initiative.
Attend a Webcast on the Results and Learn More About CCPA
Join ACA Aponix and Compliance Week for a webcast to discuss the results of the survey.
- Webcast: CCPA State of the Compliance Industry and Requirements
- Webcast date: February 25, 2020 – 2 p.m. ET
- CPE Credit(s): 1
The rules are still not entirely clear on CCPA. However, it’s currently law in California and enforcement begins on July 1, 2020. A recent survey showed 40% of compliance practitioners did not feel ready for CCPA. Get an overview of the results of this survey and a deep dive into CCPA with ACA Aponix's Bill Schaumann, Director, and Paul Schappell, Senior Principal Consultant. Learn what data sets may be impacted, what data may be exempt, and what may be essential when implementing or updating a privacy program with respect to CCPA compliance.
3 key elements of what attendees will learn:
- The state of the industry with regards to CCPA
- How firms are dealing with these regulatory requirements
- What data is affected and what is exempted
How We Help
Our team of experienced consultants has developed a resource library of FAQs, blog posts, and webcasts to help your firm navigate the complexities of the CCPA and other similar regulations.
- Data Privacy and Compliance Services
- CCPA compliance assistance service
- CCPA FAQs for financial services firms
- CCPA FAQs for all industries
- On Demand Webcast: California Consumer Privacy Act: Preparing for January 1, 2020
- Blog: Why Financial Services Firms Must Prepare for the CCPA
- On Demand Webcast: CCPA and Increasing Demands on the Privacy Office
Our CCPA compliance assistance service helps companies assess their readiness to comply with CCPA requirements as well as implement best practices for achieving broader privacy risk and compliance objectives across the enterprise. Please contact us to learn how we can help your company.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact your ACA Aponix consultant or email us at email@example.com.