The Innovation in Compliance with Tom Fox podcast recently featured ACA's Patrick Conroy, Managing Director of Client Development for ACA's Regulatory Technology practice. In Conroy's episode, Nimble and Strategic Compliance: A Conversation with Patrick Conroy, Tom Fox and Conroy discuss a range of topics related to regulatory technology (RegTech), including the need for this type of technology, the future of RegTech, and how ACA's RegTech solutions help firms reduce risk and increase operational efficiencies.
Highlights from the podcast:
- 1:00 - Conroy details his professional background and experience in financial services, investment compliance, and FinTech.
- 4:55 - ACA's team includes almost 100 former regulators.
- 8:00 - Conroy discusses Compliance ELF, ACA's code of ethics, personal trading, and employee compliance management solution, why ACA saw a need to add this technology to ACA's ComplianceAlpha® platform, and how it helps firms reduce employee risk.
- 10:53 - Fox and Conroy discuss how the U.S. Department of Justice has mandated the operationalization of compliance and how ACA's Compliance ELF and ComplianceAlpha help firms do this by enabling a culture of compliance, strategically aligning technology with processes, and bringing compliance to the employee level.
- 12:15 - Conroy discusses where regulatory technology is headed and how these solutions can connect the dots between different types of data in a way that can be used to scale CCOs' overall objectives.
Listen to the full podcast here:
About Patrick Conroy
Patrick Conroy is a Managing Director at ACA Technology concentrating on driving the growth and development of ACA's Regulatory Technology and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) products. Patrick’s focus is on working with ACA’s largest and most complex clients/prospects to understand their key challenges and to collaborate with them on finding the right solutions. In addition, he represents ACA Technology at conferences and corporate events, as well as participating in speaking engagements, and providing Regulatory Technology thought leadership.
Before joining ACA, he served as Global Head of Compliance Services at Charles River Development, where his role included serving in business development, sales, product development, and product management capacities. Previously, he held a variety of compliance and financial service roles at Brown Brothers Harriman and State Street Corporation. Patrick earned his B.S.B.A. in Finance (cum laude) from the University of Massachusetts.
About Tom Fox
Thomas Fox has practiced law in Houston for 30 years. He is an Independent Consultant, assisting companies with anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance and international transaction issues. He specializes in bring business solutions to compliance problems. He was most recently the General Counsel at Drilling Controls, Inc., a worldwide oilfield manufacturing and service company. He was previously division counsel with Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. where he supported Halliburton’s software division and its downhole division.
Tom is the author of the award winning FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog and the international best-selling book Lessons Learned on Compliance and Ethics. He is the author of the seminal text on the ‘Nuts and Bolts’ of anti-corruption compliance, Doing Compliance which was published in October 2015 by Compliance Week. Tom writes and comments frequently on issues related to compliance and ethics. In addition to his daily blog and bi-weekly podcast, he is a monthly columnist and weekly blogger for Compliance Week; a monthly columnist and frequent contributor to the SCCE Magazine and a Contributing Editor to the FCPA Blog. He is a well-known and frequent speaker on issues related to compliance and ethics, the use of social media in compliance and corporate leadership. He is founder of the Compliance Podcast Network.
- Addressing the Rising Cost of Non-Compliance with RegTech
- 6 Ways to Stay Ahead of Regulators with RegTech
- How RegTech Helps Compliance Teams Increase Efficiency and Reduce Risk
- Code of Ethics/Personal Trading Technology - Understanding the Three Key Benefits
- How RegTech Can Enhance Your Firm's GRC Program: A 4-Step Approach
- ACA's RegTech blog posts