Firms of all sizes frequently ask about the relevance and importance of forming a GIPS® Committee within their organization. Startup firms debate whether a GIPS Committee provides any added value when limited personnel causes constraints on resources. Conversely, well established, global entities often see the added value in having a committee but must weigh the operational burdens involved.
ACA Performance Services has surveyed a sample of our client base, including firms of various sizes, and put together a summary of the most frequently asked questions about GIPS Committees. The white paper linked below covers the following topics and more:
- Maintaining a GIPS Committee or an informal working group
- Application of a GIPS Committee within startup firms as well as established global entities
- Frequency of committee meetings
- Committee meeting topics and activities
- Examples of GIPS Committee charters and meeting minutes
ACA Performance Services' Richard Kemmling, PGI’s Cinda Whitten, and Jensen Investment Management’s Gabriel Goddard discuss frequently asked questions regarding GIPS Standards Committees and Working Groups in this complimentary webcast.