2019 Cybersecurity Insights, News, Webcasts, and Resources
It's been a busy and exciting year for ACA Aponix and we want to thank our clients and friends for a successful 2019 and wish you continued success in 2020.
This year, we've continued to invest in enhancing our cybersecurity and privacy services to help our clients meet their firm's priorities efficiently and effectively. Below is a summary of 2019 ACA Aponix news and insights and other resources for you to review.
In 2019, we helped firms prepare for new rules and regulations and launched several new services.
- We launched our CCPA Compliance Assistance Service to help firms prepare for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) that goes into effect on January 1, 2020. The CCPA legislation is designed to provide California residents with “increased control” over how businesses handle their personal information.
- We’ve been expanding our due diligence offerings this year and launched a new Cybersecurity Due Diligence Service for PE Investment teams. Our pre-deal IT, cybersecurity, and privacy regulatory diligence will help determine cybersecurity risks at the onset, negotiate better deals, align risks with the investment thesis, and reduce cyber insurance costs.
- In 2019 we launched an Office 365 Assessment. During our Office 365 Security Assessment our consultants assess the security of your company’s Office 365 environment and can review whether the application’s controls align with your company’s policies, and if your company is leveraging all of the application’s security features as well as help you develop a plan to address key risks.
News and Happenings
ACA Hires Carlo Di Florio as Chief Services Officer
Carlo joined ACA from executive positions at FINRA and the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations. As ACA’s CSO, Carlo will be instrumental in defining and executing the vision for ACA’s governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) service offerings. His responsibilities will include oversight, management, and strategic growth of ACA’s global regulatory compliance, cybersecurity and risk, AML and financial crimes, and performance practices. He also will focus on enhancing ACA’s infrastructure and technology for servicing, managing, and delivering its quality service-based offerings. Learn more
Resources and Downloads
The following resources were some of our most requested this year:
- Highlights from the 2018 NSCP / ACA Aponix Cybersecurity Compliance Programs Survey - Download
- CCPA FAQs for financial services firms - Download
- CCPA FAQs for all industries - Download
- Cyber Awareness Resources - Multiple Downloads Available
If you missed them live or want a refresher, you can watch or listen to our 2019 Aponix webcasts on demand:
- The Scariest Cyber Breaches of 2019 - Watch now
- California Consumer Privacy Act: Preparing for January 1, 2020 - Watch now
- Coffee Break with ACA Aponix: Cybersecurity Regulatory Update - Watch now
- M&A Diligence and Portfolio Oversight: Identifying Cyber and Data Privacy Risks - Watch now
- Enhance the Security of Your Office 365 Environment - Watch now
- Demonstration of ACA Aponix’s Virtual Privacy Office (VPO) Technology Solution - Watch now
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Are you on the path to compliance? - Watch now
- Discussion of Results: 2018 NSCP / ACA Aponix Cyber Survey? - Watch now
Firms in the UK should register and pay the ICO fee here - The Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018 requires every organisation that processes personal information to pay a fee to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
CCPA goes into effect on January 1, 2020 and enforcement begins July 1, 2020.
Prepare for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 end of support and end of regular security updates on January 14, 2020.
Upcoming Launches and Events
- Save the date for the ACA Compliance Spring 2020 Compliance and Performance Conference on May 6-8, 2020 in Savannah Georgia
- Our Vendor Management Platform will update in 2020. Version 2.0 will allow for client self-serve and increase the efficiency of vendor updates.
For More Information
For more information or questions, please reach out to your ACA Aponix consultant or contact us here.
You can stay up to date with news, alerts, and events by subscribing to our mailing list here.