Financial services firms have a responsibility to ensure their employees have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment they are working in. This knowledge helps in emphasising the need for compliance with policies and procedures in order to protect the firm and the individual from failing to “do the right thing”.
Immediately following the course delegates are invited to test their knowledge by completing a written test. The test consists of 40 questions with multi-choice answers and a competence pass mark of 85%. Delegates can take up to an hour to complete the test which is conducted under examination conditions but with access to a hard copy of the slides used in the training session.
Results are provided to the firm by email. This course is designed to:
- assist Senior Management to embed a compliance ethos in the individual and a strong compliance culture throughout the firm;
- assess the understanding their employees have of the regulatory environment;
- identify any specific weaknesses which may be of interest to the delegate and the delegates firm.
- A sound knowledge of the UK Regulatory Environment
- An understanding of the reason for policies and procedures
- The ability to evidence a risk based approach
- An understating of the obligations on firms to develop a strong compliance culture
- Knowledge of what can happen if found to be non-compliant
- The UK Regulatory Environment
- The FCA and PRA
- Regulatory objectives
- Supervision and enforcement
- High level business standards (PRIN)
- Personal obligations, including APER
- Systems and Controls, including SYSC
- An introduction to the Conduct of Business Rules
- Financial Crime Prevention: AML: ABC and Market Abuse
- Examples of Enforcement action on firms and individuals
Course aimed at: any individuals who are working or are seeking to work in a regulated environment.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.