A robust and well-defined governance structure underpins all effective governance frameworks and is key to compliance with the FCA’s requirements in its Systems and Controls handbook (SYSC). An informal structure with limited documentation or poorly defined processes cannot support management in the oversight of its business and can lead to a lack of transparency regarding which body or individual is accountable for activities and a reliance on informal reporting mechanisms.
This course will assist delegates in understanding those elements that go to make corporate governance an effective tool within your organisation.
Attendance on this course will enable you to:
- Understand the objectives of corporate governance in relation to the FCA expectations and requirements
- Provide a better understanding of business models and help build the credibility of the compliance team with other senior managers
- Learn the best strategies for building a high-quality governance framework within your organisation
- Define the role of the board of directors and supporting structures
- Learn the strategies for creating and protecting value for your organisation and stakeholders
- Explore the tools to protect your organisation’s reputation and brand value
- Gain an understanding of the governance as a business-critical function
- Master the strategies for improving board effectiveness
- Terms of Reference and the Role of the Board
- Board Composition and Cohesion
- Board Effectiveness
- Governance Structures
- Risk Management
- Management Information
Course aimed at: Executive and Senior Managers, Compliance Officers and others working in a compliance function
This course can also be delivered at a firm’s office and can be tailored to specific requirements.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.