In partnership with UK Finance
This course, in partnership with UK Finance, aims to ‘uncomplicate’ Derivative Instruments by delivering a full understanding around the terminology and concepts behind this ‘mystifying’ instrument. It will also cover the potential risks involved, including futures, forwards, options and swaps.
This course is designed to give real insight into the use of Derivatives and the role they play in the management of portfolios at Asset Managers and Hedge Funds alike. It is now essential to have a good understanding of how these products work. This course will allow you to understand how they are used by Managers and how the fast-changing Regulatory Environment they operate in, is affecting them.
- How Financial Exchange Traded Contracts work
- Examples derivatives used for Hedging and Leveraging
- Life Cycle of and ETD trade, including margining, clearing brokers and give up’s.
- How IRSs work… Master Agreements, Discounting and how to price a swap
- The value of a swap … PV01
- CDSs explained including coupons and upfront fees
- Credit Indices such as Itraxx
- Examples of why fund managers use OTC Options
- The effect of UCITs on Derivatives
- Counterparty Credit Risk explained. We look at the use of collateral through CSA Agreements, CCP Netting and gain a basic understanding of CVA (Credit Value Adjustments)
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in how Derivatives are used by Fund Managers in the post crisis markets.