The FCA expects firms to take appropriate and effective steps to avoid conflicts of interest or, at least, manage them properly.
The obligation on Senior Management is to implement and maintain appropriate systems and controls to identify and manage the risks to the firm and the employees of a conflict occurring.
The course will examine the FCA’s expectations and the relevant rules, particularly Principle 8 of The Principles for Businesses. You will also explore the implications of these rules for firms from the FCA guidance and thematic reviews.
- consider the link between the FCA objectives and senior management responsibilities
- understand the importance and relevance of Conflicts of Interest
- appreciate the FCA’s expectations relative to the management of the risk of Conflicts of Interest occurring
- familiarise yourself with the FCA’s pronouncements on Conflicts, including relevant Enforcement Notices
- determine an appropriate and proportionate approach to identifying and managing existing and new conflict risks
- assess the implications of the FCA Conflicts pronouncements relative to your firm and determine next steps to ensure compliance with the matters raised within the paper
- The Regulatory Environment
- The FCA and their Thematic Review
- Investment Research
- Trade Execution
- Gifts and Entertainment
- Personal Account Dealing
- What might a Conflicts Policy contain?
- Assurance and Review
Course aimed at: Senior Managers; Compliance and Audit professionals; Risk Managers and all front and back office staff in financial services firms.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on + 44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.