The extension of the scope of the Senior Management and Certification Regime (SM&CR) to cover all FCA solo-regulated entities will cause many firms to consider carefully how they will meet the new regulatory requirements. A key element in this is to understand what is expected of individual senior managers and how SM&CR will impact on their activities on a daily basis. While conversion will not take place until December 2019 there is much preparation to be done and firms should act on the advice of the FCA and start preparing now to ensure they are compliant in time.
This concise course gives an overview of the new requirements and explores the practical implications for individual senior managers arising from the implementation of the SM&CR which they will need to address if they are to meet the new regime effectively.
Attendance at this course will provide you with:
- The ability to recognise the principal features of the new arrangements, compared with the existing Approved Persons regime.
- The ability to see how the new requirements may impact your own role and way of working.
- The potential risks for individuals and possible mitigants
- The opportunity to identify actions that you will need to take to achieve compliance with the new requirements.
- Personal engagement with the regime and obligations under the Conduct Rules
- Attesting to Statements of Responsibility and Prescribed Responsibilities
- Staying fit and proper and keeping up to date
- Leading a team and standing up for what’s right
- Managing with skill, care and diligence
- Securing a corporate culture which delivers Conduct Rule compliant behaviour
- The challenges of implementing the certification regime
- Dealing with disciplinary issues and severance
- Understanding what are considered to be “reasonable steps” and the protections they afford
- SM&CR in the broader context of corporate governance and the duties of directors
Course aimed at: Senior Managers, including Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors and other Approved Persons and Material Risk Takers; Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit specialists; Human Resources and Learning and Development specialists.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.