The ever increasing focus by the Regulators on capital adequacy and the accountability of Senior Management, particularly when things go wrong, emphasises the importance of individuals in senior Management positions having a clear understanding:
- of what is expected of them as holders of Significant Influence Functions,
- of how the firm’s financial and regulatory reporting processes ensure compliance with the relevant obligations, and
- at a level of detail appropriate to understand and challenge the work done by internal resources and/or outsourced service providers, of relevant prudential requirements and capital calculations.
This course is designed to assist Senior Management to embed a compliance ethos in the individual and a strong compliance culture throughout the firm.
- The ability to demonstrate to the FCA your understanding of the current capital adequacy rules and the Senior Management responsibilities
- The knowledge you need to achieve and evidence compliance with those responsibilities
- The skills to identify actions that may need to be taken to address any gaps in capital adequacy assessment, monitoring and compliance
- The ability to ensure that procedures are in place for identification, assessment and mitigation of capital adequacy shortfalls
- Senior Management, Systems & Controls (SYSC) specific to capital adequacy
- Introduction to the Prudential framework : where do the rules come from
- Prudential categories : which firms are subject to which rules
- Reporting framework : what you need to submit to the regulator, and when
- Capital framework : how monitor and assess capital requirements and resources
- Liquidity framework : how monitor and assess capital requirements and resources
Course aimed at: any individuals who are working or are seeking to work in a regulated environment.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.