The FCA has described the Internal Audit function as “the function of assessing adherence to and the effectiveness of internal systems and controls, procedures and policies.” To enable the function to meet this requirement requires it to be independent of the day to day business operations, have access to all the firm’s records and to be resourced by individuals who have a strong moral code of independence and objectivity.
This course is specifically designed to assist Senior Management to understand the role of their internal audit function and to assist them in attaining an internal audit function upon which they can rely.
The course includes examples of the areas covered by internal audit, the risk management approach to internal auditing, undertaking a review and what you should expect from the reports provided to you.
- To provide an understanding of the role of internal audit
- Define operational areas covered by Internal Audit
- The establishment of a risk-based approach
- How to deliver effective Internal Audit to the organisation
- Defining Internal Audit
- The role of internal audit
- Areas within the organisation covered by internal audit
- Audit Activity
- The risk-based approach to internal audit
- Undertaking a review
- The Internal Audit Report
Course aimed at: All staff
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.