The ever-increasing focus by the Regulators on the accountability of Senior Management, particularly when things go wrong, emphasises how important it is for individuals in senior positions to have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. This succinct course is designed to assist Senior Management to have a full understanding of what they need to do to achieve compliance with two specific parts of the Rules.
- The ability to demonstrate to the Regulator your understanding of the current Regulatory approach and the Senior Management/Significant influence responsibilities;
- The knowledge you need to achieve and evidence compliance with those responsibilities;
- The potential to identify actions that may need to be taken to address any gaps in compliance;
- The ability to ensure that procedures are in place for risk identification, assessment and mitigation; and
- Be aware of the actions the FCA can take if things go wrong.
- The current Regulatory environment; The “Twin Peaks” approach to Regulation and Supervision
- The link between the Regulator’s objectives in The Financial Services and Markets Act and Senior Management responsibilities
- Apportionment and Oversight
- The Principles for Businesses (PRIN)
- Fitness and Propriety: The Fit and Proper test for Approved Persons
- The Statements and Codes of Practice for Approved Persons (APER)
- Examples of what can go wrong: Enforcement Notices against Firms and Individuals
Course aimed at: Individuals in significant influence roles
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on +44 (0)20 7484 3987 or your usual ACA consultant.