The ever-increasing focus by the Regulators on the accountability of senior management, particularly when things go wrong, emphasises how important it is for individuals in senior positions to have a clear understanding of what is expected of them. This succinct course is designed to assist Senior Managers to have a full understanding of what they need to do to meet their obligations and achieve compliance with the requirements of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR).
Attendance at this course will provide you with:
- Recognise the principal features of the obligations created by the SM&CR
- Position the SM&CR requirements within the broader regulatory context
- Identify the risks for individuals and possible mitigants
- Consider actions that will need to be taken by firms to achieve compliance with the SM&CR requirements
- The regulatory framework
- Overview of the SM&CR
- The Senior Managers Regime
- Staying fit and proper and keeping up to date
- The Individual Conduct Rules
- Managing with skill, care and diligence
- The Senior Manager Conduct Rule
- Senior managers’ responsibilities for running the business
- Securing a corporate culture which delivers Conduct Rule compliant behaviour
- Implementing the certification regime
- Dealing with leavers, severance and disciplinary issues
- The protections of “reasonable steps”
- SM&CR, corporate governance and the duties of directors
Course aimed at: Senior Managers, including Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors and holders of required functions; those preparing to assume SMF responsibilities; Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit specialists; Human Resources and Learning and Development specialists.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact ACA's Training Team on +44 (0)20 7042 0500 or your usual ACA consultant.