The Conduct Rules lie at the heart of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR). Despite the turmoil and uncertainties caused by Covid-19, the FCA’s Business Plan for 2020-2021 states that:
“We expect all solo-regulated firms to comply with the requirements of the SM&CR as they fall due. The regime aims to see firms across financial services foster healthy cultures where conduct and fair customer outcomes are at the forefront of their business.”
These requirements include the obligation that all staff are fully trained on the Conduct Rules and understand they impact their job roles. Firms must complete this training by 9th December 2020 at the latest. This course will help firms meet this deadline.
The course is designed to familiarise staff with the Conduct Rules and help them to understand what is expected of them in the context of the work they do.
Attendance at this course will enable you to:
- Recognise the Conduct Rules which apply to you.
- Consider how the Conduct Rules apply to your job role.
- Identify issues and behaviours which could lead to a breach of the Conduct Rules in your firm.
- Recognise the personal implications for individuals who breach a Conduct Rule, both now and in the longer term.
- Obligations of the firm for overseeing the Conduct Rules as part of the SMCR
- The Individual Conduct Rules and the Code of Conduct
- An overview of the Senior Manager Conduct Rules
- The Conduct Rules in the context of your firm and job role
- How you can evidence compliance with the Conduct Rules
- Implications of Conduct Rule breaches
Course aimed at: All staff subject to the Conduct Rules from 9th December 2020. The course is equally appropriate for established staff and for recent joiners. This course is also suitable as a refresher for Senior Managers and Certified staff (who should have been trained on the Conduct Rules prior to 9th December 2019).
Further support: This course can be delivered as an instructor lead course for a firm’s staff on an in-house basis. This enables the content to be tailored to reflect the conduct issues which are most relevant to the firm’s business model.
In addition: We recognise that some firms prefer to fine tune their Conduct Rules training and secure understanding by using their own managers and compliance staff to deliver learning to their front-line staff. To support this approach, we are offering an additional workshop: Conduct Rules - Train the Trainer
This workshop is being held on 10 July 2020 – 10:00am - 12:30am BST. This workshop can also be delivered as an instructor lead course on an in-house basis if preferred.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact ACA's Training Team on +44 (0)20 7042 0500 or your usual ACA consultant.