When assessing firms readiness for the Senior Manager & Certification Regime (SM&CR), progress was evenly divided between ‘not started’ and ‘up to 1/3 through’. Only half those questioned told us there is good staff awareness of SM&CR across their teams. This is according to a short poll conducted by ACA Compliance Group.
Furthermore, word on the street is that while there is a reasonably widespread ‘general awareness amongst the senior management team of SM&CR’, the huge majority of firms have not finalised who will take on prescribed responsibilities under SM&CR. So it’s fair to say there’s work to be done.
Our webcast examines why making senior management and staff aware of the implications, allocating prescribed responsibilities and getting the certification regime figured out is proving a big challenge.
- Statements of responsibility – how do I draft them?
- What are prescribed responsibilities? Is there guidance available, and what are the issues and pitfalls?
- Competency and fitness & propriety requirements: what do FCA require to be in place as part of the certification regime?
- How and by when do I have to be ready for this?
- Live polling to further sense check firm’s readiness for the SM&CR