TRANSPARENCY OR ANNEX IV REPORTING SOLUTIONS
With few exceptions, non-UCITS funds that are marketed into the EEA are classified under European rules as Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs). Managers of AIFs, regardless of where they are located, are required to perform ‘Transparency’ or ‘Annex IV’ reporting within the EEA.
The scale and scope of this reporting can be significant. For example, the mandatory reporting taxonomies are highly granular. Each contains 38 detailed questions relating to the AIFM and around 300 pertaining to each AIF marketed and/or managed in the EEA, covering both static and non-static information. The information to be reported must be obtained from a variety of sources, typically including:
- the AIFM’s own accounting and prudential records,
- transactional, position and valuation data maintained by fund administrators, and
- other third-party sources and systems.
ACA can help ease the burden of this reporting requirement. However simple or complex an firm’s transparency reporting needs are, our unparalleled regulatory and reporting expertise can assist. Our transparency reporting solutions include:
- Ad hoc advice on discrete questions relating to taxonomies or Directive interpretation
- The review and/or challenge of in-house or administrator prepared filings
- Full “managed service” outsourcing for EEA and non-EEA AIFMs required to report to national regulators