ACA Compliance Group has expanded its team of over 185 compliance professionals with new employees who have extensive industry experience. New hires include:
- Robert Horvath — Robert is a Senior Compliance Consultant based in San Francisco. Robert served as Securities Compliance Examiner with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and as CCO at Standard Pacific Capital, LLC, Lateef Investment Management, LP, and ABR Investment Strategy, LLC.
- Lior Kosovski — Lior is a Principal Consultant based in the Los Angeles office. Lior was a Corporate, Investment Funds, Advisers and Derivatives Associate for Sidley Austin, LLP. He later worked as General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer for Commonwealth Opportunity Capital GP, LLC.
- John LaMonica — John is a Principal Consultant based in Los Angeles. He joins ACA from the U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”) where he was an investigator overseeing investigations into the violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. Prior to joining the DOL, John worked for the SEC for 14 years as a staff accountant and examiner in the Chicago and Los Angeles offices.
- Mike Seery — Mike is a Senior Principal Consultant based in New York City. He brings more than 17 years’ experience in the financial industry. For the last 7 years, Mike provided financial restructuring and regulatory compliance consulting to hedge funds, private equity, and other SEC-registered investment advisers.
- Jeremy Vaughan — Jeremy is a Senior Principal Consultant based in Texas. Prior to joining ACA, he was a staff accountant at the SEC where he led an initiative focused on private equity real estate fund advisers. He is also a former FINRA Senior Compliance Examiner. Jeremy will be working with ACA’s private fund clients.
- Leora Weiner – Leora is a Senior Principal Consultant based in Los Angeles. Leora has over 13 years’ experience as a Chief Compliance Officer and General Counsel. She served in these roles at First Pacific Advisors, LLC, Tradewinds Global Investors, LLC, Focused Investors, LLC, and Pacific Financial Research, Inc. Leora spent four years at the SEC as a Securities Compliance Examiner.
“ACA’s expanding client base of over 2,800 clients worldwide demands experienced professionals with practical and first-hand knowledge of the issues our clients face,” said Daniel Smith, Partner, ACA Compliance Group. “In 2017, we added over 50 professionals to our team to ensure we are meeting clients’ needs as well as expanding our internal knowledgebase and expertise. We’re excited to have Robert, Lior, John, Mike, Jeremy, and Leora join the team and bring their diverse industry backgrounds and expertise to ACA.”
About ACA Compliance Group
ACA Compliance Group (“ACA”) is a leading provider of risk management and technology solutions that focus on regulatory compliance, performance, financial crime, and cybersecurity. We partner with our clients to help them mitigate the regulatory, operational, and reputational risks inherent in their business functions. Our clients include leading investment advisers, private fund managers, commodity trading advisors, investment companies, broker-dealers, and domestic and international banks. Our products include standard and customized compliance packages; cybersecurity, AML, and risk assessments; GIPS® verifications and other performance services; and a wide variety of business advisory and technology solutions for financial services firms.
For More Information
For more information about ACA’s compliance services, please contact Damon Zappacosta at +1 212-951-1030.